ICRB Scientist/Engineer Jobs for BE/BTech Graduates in Electronics/Mechanical/Computer Science:
INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION (ISRO)
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
CHALLENGING OPPORTUNITY FOR BE/B.TECH GRADUATES
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ:ICRB:01/2009 DATED 14-02-2009
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer `SC' in the pay band of Rs.15600-39100/- + 5400 (Grade Pay) to the to young engineering graduates in the following specialized fields
Code : Post Name
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2008-09 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree in first class with 65% aggregate is available by 31.8.2009.
- 35 years as on 12-03-2009 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For PWD persons, orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 10-02-2009 and 12-03-2009. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 10-02-2009 and 12-03-2009. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a `No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. Demand Draft details need to be filled-in at the time of on-line registration. The candidate before filing his/her application has to take a DD for Rs.100/- from any of the Nationalized Bank in favour of the Sr. Accounts Officer, ISRO HQ, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore.
- The Applicant should enter the DD Number, date and name of the Bank in the space provided for the same in the web application. After filing the application, on-line, the applicant has to send the DD with his/her Full Name (as entered in web), Post Number and Registration No. written on the reverse of the DD to Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore - 560231 by ordinary post superscribing on the envelope "ISRO RECRUITMENT-SCI/ENGR-SC(BE/B.TECH)".
- Please note that applications, in respect of which DDs have not been received with Name as mentioned in the application and Registration Number on the reverse, will not be considered.
- Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from Application Fee. However, SC/ST and PWD candidates will have to send attested Caste Certificate and Medical Certificate of Board respectively by post to Administrative Officer (ICRB) duly indicating the Name, Post No. and Reg.No. on the reverse. Applications of candidates claiming SC/ST/PWD status and therefore exemption from Application Fee will be considered only if the duly attested Caste Certificate/Medical Certificate is received. The DD/Caste Certificate/Medical Certificate and `No Objection Certificate' in respect of candidates employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body should reach ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore within seven days of filing the applications by the candidates and in any case not later than 19-03-2009.
- The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent. Based on bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 26th April 2009, Sunday at ten venues viz., New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Guwahati, Bhopal, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Thiruvananthapuram. Candidates short-listed based on the performance in the written test will be called for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be intimated. Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the application to the place of interview.
- Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/ Engineer 'SC' in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 + 5400 (Grade Pay). The gross emoluments in the minimum of scale will at present be approximately Rs.24,360/- p.m. In addition, HRA and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. ISRO provides attractive benefits to its employees such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, free transport [or in lieu transport allowance], limited housing facility for fresh entrants [or in lieu HRA], advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/isro_centres.htm
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so decides.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to firstname.lastname@example.org